Friday 16 October 2009

Anyone for Anya

I have had a great day today. Robbie had a school session this morning, only for a hour, but I love seeing the enjoyment he gets from it. I also brought him some of his school uniform and he is so proud of it. He has put it to show everyone that has come to the house today. Following his school session this morning mum, Robbie and I went to see my Oma (Dutch for grandma). Although Oma does not know who I am anymore she does know that my face is familiar and after a while she will warm to me. It is however very hard seeing someone you love in this position but as long as you go to visit with no expectations then it is generally ok.


 


After I am came home I started on my card for this weeks Anyone for Anya challenge.  This week the requirement was to use paper piercing. As I have previously mentioned this is not a problem for me as I tend to have a slight addiction to pp but for some reason this week I kept putting this challenge off. The card started off as something completely different in my mind from how it turned out but I actually really like it. I am loving the basic grey at the moment. So without boring you any further here it is:


 


 100_2790


 


The cardstock and DS Paper is Stampin Up as per normal. The scalloping is done using my Stampin Up Scallop Punch. The stamp is a Miss Anya Stamp from The Greeting Farm. flowers and rhinestones from Kaisercraft. I have distressed the edges by running my scissors down the edge of the paper and colored my image in using my Copic Markers.


 


The exciting news I mentioned yesterday is that there is now a Gorjuss Challenge Blog. It launches it first challenge tonight so be sure to pop by and check it out.


 


If I am allowed out I will be out to Kirsty’s for a good natter with her and Dee and a little bit of stamping. If not I will be back with some more cards that I have made over the last couple of days.


 


Until next time xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Oh my dear, did you read piercing is stead of piecing?
    Well, I like your card anyway :) My favourite image, my favourite technic (stitching), nice papers and flowers!

    Love from AFA!

    Renata

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, maybe I should read a tad slower next time! Oh well. Thanks anyhow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs