Tuesday 8 December 2009

Sketch Saturday with a twist....

We have woken up this morning to the sound of rain and lots of it. I love the cooler weather so the rain has lifted my spirits today. I just hope that the rain is actually hitting the areas that we need it to.


 

Michael and I took the kids into the city on Sunday to see the Myer windows and to visit Santa at David Jones. Apart from the lots of queuing, must remember not to visit Santa during lunch hour, the kids had a great day and that is all we could ask for.


 

So today I am brining you another Christmas Card. I really must sit down tonight and start writing them so I can send out. I have rapt with the way this card actually turned out. I started basing my card on the Sketch Saturday sketch but once again realized that I had used an image that was not suited and did not want to do another square card. The card is very close to the sketch and was inspired by the interpretation of the sketch done by new DT Member Emma Lockley (her card is absolutely gorgeous).


 


The stamp is part of the Sugar Nellie range and I have used my SU watercolor crayons to colour the image. The patterned paper (which I just love) is from Little Yellow Bicycle (The Sharon Ann Christmas Magic Collection, Red Herringbone) the ribbon is by Green Tara, flower is a wooden flower which I have colored in with a texta. I think that is about it!


 

I will be back tomorrow, hopefully, to show you the presents I made for the teachers.

I hope you all have a great day, until next time xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs