Friday 12 February 2010

Sketch and Stamp

I know I have said this a lot lately but where is the time going?


Robbie has enjoyed his first week of school (even if have been finishing at 1pm) and was so excited when I told him last night that he would be getting a Star of the Week award (the whole class got one but I don’t think this takes away from the excitement of it) at assembly today. I am looking forward to next week when he finishes the same time as Elizabeth as this week I feel like I have been watching the clock all the time.


On one of my blog surfs I stumbled across a challenge blog called Sketch and Stash challenge blog. They post a new sketch fortnightly which is the first part of the challenge and the second being using some new stash. Now I believe this gives me a really good reason to having to buy something new each fortnight!!!


 




I feel in love with this paper (my new stash) when I saw it a Paper Squared last week and have been itching to use it since then. It is Ever Dear from the Vintage Valentine collection by nancie rowe-janitz. I loved the simplicity of it. I have teamed it with some paper from kaisercraft, Bird Song together with some Kraft from Stampin Up. The image is from Kraftin Kimmie stamps and I have used my watercolour pencils once again. I have also added some faux stitching as well. I started this card on Wednesday night by colouring the image, did some more last night and finished it today. Taken me a while to make but was really struggling with embellishing. I am not over keen with the ribbon I have used but after trying everything that I owned as embellishment was the only thing I was happy with.


Well I better go as I will need to pick Elizabeth up from school soon. I hope you all have a great weekend and I will be back hopefully soon.


Until next time xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Aww, what a gorgeous card! I love that super image!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs