Thursday 8 April 2010

Papertake Weekly

Robbie finally had his 6th birthday on Tuesday and he was so excited that at 5am he was waiting for his presents! It took me back to being a little girl and remembering how long that week before your birthday is and then that sleep before is the worst constantly waking up hoping that you can see the sunlight start to come through the curtains only to be disappointed and having to try and get back to sleep. Finally when the day arrives it goes by in a flash and then the countdown begins for the next one. He had such a good day and we had a good dinner with my family. He resisted sleep as much as he could but he finally flaked it around 8:30 in the lounge room on the floor (head resting on a pillow which was on top of his new skateboard).


Today after being shopping with Robbie (birthday money to spend) and picking up Elizabeth when we came home I decided it was time to sit back and make a card. It was such a hard decision on which sketch to follow, being there are so many great ones out this week, but I finally decided on the Papertake Weekly Sketch.


 

sketch _38[1]

I have had this designer paper sitting in my stash for ages and have pulled it out so many times to make a card but have never been able to make it work so have put it back. Today though I managed to use it and am happy with the result. You will have to excuse the bad lighting in the photo but we have had an overcast day up here but I knew that if I waited for a better day I might never get it posted in time as things have been busy here lately.


 


The image is a Miss Anya from The Greeting Farm, this is the first time she has been inked up and I think I got this set at least 6 months ago. Thought it was quite fitting though as we have been having rain up here today. Copics have been used for the colouring, faux stitching, lace, ribbon, hair pin, spacers and beads, greeting from Kraftin Kimmie Sentiments, and there is a bit of paper tolling on it too.


I am also entering this card into both Anya Ink and Anyone for Anya as they both call for “Anything Goes” this week.

Another clean card which is what I am enjoying at the moment. I am sure I will get back to wanting to use flowers etc again soon, at least I hope so as I have a draw full of them, LOL!


 I hope you all enjoy the rest of your week.

Until next time xoxo

5 comments:

  1. WOW – fabulous job! Love this - great use of the sketch and fabulous colours.
    Thanx soo much for joining us at Anya Ink this week
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. a gorgeous card, fantastic colours.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Bronwen this is absolutly beautiful!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Anya Ink.
    Kristy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply stunning. Your colouring is just perfect. One of my favourite Anyas, so glad you finally got her inky!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Anyone for Anya! ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when I see that the card I have come to look at plays along with two of the challenge teams I belong to. So thank you for playing along with both the Anyone for Anya? and the Papertake Weekly challenge. Your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs