Tuesday 11 May 2010

My last GDT Papertake Weekly Guest card

Hi there after getting two posts in one day lat week I did not manage to get back again. As I mentioned it was Elizabeth’s birthday on Thursday and then the rest of the week and the weekend was spent catching up with everyone for her birthday and mothers day. If you are in Australia and I think also the US I hope you had a wonderful mothers day and that your kiddies (big or small) managed to make you feel special.


Today I am bringing you my last card as a Guest Designer at Papertake Weekly :-(  This weeks challenge at PTW is “Shiny, Sparkly & Special”. I have used lots of bling on my card but in subtle ways:



(The photo has actually picked up the glitter heaps it does not look so harsh in life)


The actual card base is metallic cardstock, you should also be able to see that I have added sparkles to the dress, one of the borders and some gems as well. Here is a closer look at the dress:




This dress, by B Line Designs, I picked up from Heaven Scent Crafts last year and I have to admit have been used a couple of times and then laid neglected.  I used my watercolour pencils to colour it and then I cut it out and mounted it to make it pop from the page before adding some glitter to the lines so it shines ever so lightly (almost like a chiffon layer on top, well at least that is the effect I was going for!). I have also used some ribbons that was in my drawer, faux stitching together with some Pink Pirouette, Basic Grey and Pretty in Pink cardstock from Stampin Up.


So there you have it my last card as GDT at Papertake. I have had so much fun and would like to thank Dawny and the other DT members for their lovely comments and of course to all of you who managed to pop by and have a look too.


I better dash going to get the kiddies into bed and sit back with a nice cuppa.


Until next time xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Can't believe it's your last card with us as GDT. This card is just so beautiful, loving that dress
    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Caroline, at least now though I can start entering the challenges again xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally in love with this card! That dress is just drop dead gorgeous and I love how you have added the sparkle!
    TFS
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs