Friday 7 January 2011

I'm back and so glad to have made a card.....

Wow how quickly that silly season seems to have passed this year. I hope you have all had a great christmas and new year and ready for the year ahead. We had a lovely christmas day with the kids at home in the morning before heading off to my mum and dads for the afternoon where we over indulged in wine and food!! In the evening we came home attempted to put some of the trillion presents away before flopping on the couch, LOL!

The day after Boxing Day we went away with Kirsty, Dan and their kids as well as Dee, Jamie and their kiddies camping down at Port Arlington. I had been slightly panicking about the weather for weeks before we left (we have been having a very wet summer here in Melbourne this year) but am pleased to say that we had no rain. We had such a great week hanging out altogether and cant wait for next Christmas to venture out again together. I am so lucky to have such great friends in my life they understand me and are never too busy to have a chat or listen to my woes! Best of all I know that they will always have my back no matter what.

We are now obviously home and back into the swing of things, although not looking forward to going back to work next week, and as such I have actually managed to have a play. The other day I was as Maxine's (Picture 2 Page in Lilydale) with Dee and Kirsty and she had some gorgeous new sugar nellie stamps and I could not resist this Woodland Fairy. I LOVE Sugar Nellie Stamps and am so pleased to see she has got them in, if you live locally you will have to pop by as she is slowly building up a great variety of stamps and I have good word that there are more coming.

Anyhow as I had a new suagar nellie to play with I thought it was only appropriate to play along with the current The Sugar Bowl challenge which is a great sketch with the theme of embossing.


I have actually kept my card quite simple today as I really wanted the beautiful image to pop and not get hidden or taken over by lots of embellishments. Seeming I have not touched a copic in a couple of weeks I was pleased with my colouring attempt too!


Here is the sketch which I have followed. You can see I have flipped the centre panel.

So there you have it my first card for 2011! Now the kiddies are still of course on holidays so I probably want be here as often as I would like at the moment but once they are back at school I will be right back into it.

Thanks for stopping by until next time xoxo

Ingredients:
Stamp - Sugar Nellie Woodland fairy
Coloured with copic markers
Paper - Grandma's Attic Embroidery from TPC Studio
Embellishments - pearls, flower and lace
Other elements - Spellbinders nestabillites, magnolia doohickey, cuttlebug embossing folder (on the black behind the image) paper distressing and faux stitching.


5 comments:

  1. Love it, so wish I had brought that stamp too! Love the new look website too xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bron this is soooo gorgeous! I think it's time for me to get back to some Sugar Nellie images. You live close enough to go to the shop?!!! U R KIDDING ME?!! [sigh] Well your time away has done nothing in the way of you losing your touch. Love the take on that sketch. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Bron! Fabulous card - love the swirl. Can't wait to see all your 2011 creations! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Bron, "Thank you for playing in The Sugar Bowl"

    Hugs Sarah B X

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is just beautiful! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs