Sunday 30 January 2011

Magnolia Down Under Challenge 81 - embossing

Wow we are facing a super hot day here in Melbourne. With the temperature expecting to reach 40 we decided that today was a good day to stay home and keep cool.  This means of course that I was able to make a card, yippee!

I saw the challenge over at Magnolia Down Under this week being embossing and then saw Just Magnolia & Hanglar & Stranglar Challenges of going spotty and knew that I had to make a card to suit these.

When I was in a Maxine's this week I saw the paper which I have used and fell in love with it instantly. It surprises me a little as it is not my normal colours but I just knew that I had to get it and use it so I was pleased that as the reverse side of it (the pink strip) had polka dots on it could be used today. Probably just easier to show you my card so you can understand what I mean!!!!


I am so disappointed with the photo ( it was try number 5) but with the sun being so bright today being outside the photo just went really really bright and then inside you just don't quite get the true colours. Anyhow you will notice that these are not my normal colours!

Once again I had so much fun making my card, just adding a bit here and a bit there (maybe a little to much has been added!). I have used dew drops as the bubbles she is blowing. The embossed sections are the Kraft card stock which I used my cuttlebug embossing folder for. I think the rest is pretty self explanatory.

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Cute Card Thursday - The Sketch
Crazy for Challenges - Vintage or Shabby Chic
Paperplay Challenges - Layer it up
Stampin for the Weekend - getting warmed up ( I think these colours are very summery)
Truly Scrumptious - Brown, Pink & Green

Well I best be going now I feel so lazy today having just sat around trying to keep cool.

Thanks for stopping by until next time xoxo

Ingredients:
Stamp - Tilda blowing bubbles
Paper - Daydream from the strawberry kisses collection by Prima & Stampin Up Cardstock
Embellishments - Ribbon, Lace, pearl buckle, flowers, dew drops, pearls & flourish using Magnolia die
Other elements - EK Success punch & faux stitching

10 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and I love those papers. And those bubbles are absolutely perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bron,
    wow this is magical card.
    So beautifly coloured image and what a great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation - love it.

    Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week on our Layer it Up Challenge. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful dear. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Magnolia and Hanglar

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow stunning colouring Bronwen, I love how you used the embossing for your dots...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia & hAnglar challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sweet little fairy, beautiful card. thanks for playing with us at SFTW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card! This Tilda is so cute!

    Thanks so much for joining in our Embossing Challenge at Magnolia Down Under!

    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute Bron! I LOVE the image and papers :) Great embossing too,
    Thanks for playing at MDUC this week,
    Hugs
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  9. a beautiful card, love how you have done the bubbles.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! love the bubbles! thanks for joining us at MDUC, hugs, Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs