Thursday 27 January 2011

New Tilda comes out to play

Wow can someone tell me where the days are going? One minute it is Monday and then with a blink of the eye the weekend is quickly approaching. I hope all my fellow Aussies had a fantastic Australia Day yesterday.

On Tuesday I went to Maxine's (Picture 2 Page in Lilydale) and she was super excited as she had just received her shipment of the new Magnolia's. Now of course me being me could not resist and had to buy one (only one how good am I!) and it was Magnolia holding Hearts. I am not sure what it is about this stamp that appealed to me so much but it was jumping straight out at me.

Anyhow today when I got home from shopping we still had no power (maintenance) so I decided to ink up my new Tilda believing that I would leave it at that. To my surprise my power came back on just after I had finished colouring her in so I thought why not make a card (the kids were outside playing nicely and for once it was peaceful!). After much procrastination this is what I came up with:



It is using the sketch from CLP Challenges this month combined with a few other challenges:

Copic Oz - LOVE
Magnolia Down Under - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle (well the ribbon I actually pulled off a really old card as I knew it would match my papers perfectly! I also resisted the urge to cut up a fresh piece of paper and reused some Bo Bunny Paper I have had lying around for a while)
Stamp Something - Cute Somethings
Pile it on Challenges - Love is in the Air
Creatalicious Challenges - Ribbon with some LOVE!

I decided not to put too much embellishments on my card as I really liked the layout and did not want to hide it behind lots of flowers etc.

Well I better be off and start getting the kids organised for the evening and getting myself ready for work tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by, until next time xoxo

Ingredients:
Stamps  - Tilda holding hearts from Magnolia coloured using copic markers
Papers - Bo Bunny and stampin up cardstock
Embellishments - Dollie, ribbon, lace, pearls and charm, Copic Spica on hearts but cant really see in photo
Other elements - fiskars apron string punch, EK Success punch, paper piercing, faux stitching

9 comments:

  1. Hi Bron,

    Only one new Tilda out of the new range - what willpower!!! I love the Tilda you chose and your colouring is just gorgeous. A really beautifully embellished card with the pretty lace, ribbon and charm :)

    Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Downunder this week!

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Thanks for playing along at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Bron! Thanks for sharing the LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (hear applauding in the background) .... great job in the dark!! hee hee....well it obviously wasn't dark. I love your coloring, which I may have to case this weekend!! I placed an order on the weekend and if I'm lucky, they will be in my mailbox tomorrow and I ordered this one!! Love your lace too. Oh and congrats on your April GD with TPS!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute
    love the colours
    thanks for sharing
    Denise
    MUDC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card!
    Thanks for sharing the Love at Pile It On this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful! You did such a fantastic job with Tilda and the paper is so pretty. Thank you so much for joining us for this months CLP Sketch Challenge.
    Hugs Bonnie
    CLP-Designer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bron, Such a pretty image and so beautifully colored. A wonderful take on the Sketch! The stitching, lace, doily and charm are all so perfectly put together.
    Love,
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable and your coloring is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious.

    Hugs Nadell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs