Sunday 24 April 2011

Sketch time at Magnolia Down Under

Yippee today is my first card as a DT member at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. I have to admit that I am slightly nervous and feeling pretty intimidated the level of work on this team is very high. Having said that though I am so chuffed that I was asked and am enjoying getting to know this talkative bunch of ladies.

So this week we have one of my favorite challenges, a sketch by the wonderful Kylie. It is a great sketch so I am sure you all with have no problems playing along with this one.

I have pretty much stuck to this sketch I just changed the position of the tag and flowers.



With all the hype of the upcoming royal wedding I thought that using princess Tilda would be fun sort of getting into the spirit!! I also went a bit crazy and decided that I wanted real stitching on this card and as I don't own a sewing machine I had to pull out the old needle and thread. It was actually quite nice sitting back sewing on this card although it is a tad time consuming so don't think I will be doing that too often!!!

So there you have it my first MDUC DT card...Be sure to pop over to the blog and check out the amazing work of the other ladies and if time allows stop by their personal blogs and show them so lovin.

I hope you all have a fantastic Easter and enjoy your day. We are spoilt in that we are loosing our kids for a few hours to my parents and will be able to go and enjoy an nice cuppa together.

I would like to also enter the card into the following challenges:


Thanks for stopping by, until next time xoxo

Ingredients:
Stamp - Princess Tilda
Coloured using Copic Markers
Patterned paper from Websters and Bo Bunny
Kraft and white cardstock
embellishments - Ribbon, pearl ribbon, lace, flowers and butterflies, pearls
other elements - polka dots embossing folder, hand stitching (as in real stitching by hand), scallop punch from stampin up!, Tilda's lace die & Tag die from magnolia

7 comments:

  1. Hi Bron :)
    I was also a wee bit nervous ;)
    You didn't have to be though :) Love this very princessy card, the bling and the gorgoues flowers are truly amazing. The same goes for that beautiful coloring :)
    Stunning take on Kylies sketch :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous job on your first DT assignment - sooo glad to have you on board!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous colouring! Love your pretty combination of colours and those little pink roses! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter
    beautiful card, cant believe you hand stitched it bet your hands hurt after
    cheers
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my goodness so cute! Good idea to play on the Royal wedding! hee hee Congrats on your DT position with MDUC!! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card, your colouring is fab! Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Bron, Congratulations on your first MDUC creation!! Its so gorgeous:-) I love the lace around the edge of the circle:-) Its so great having you on the team!!'
    Lots of Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs