Sunday 22 May 2011

Yep you read it right this week at Magnolia Down Under we want to see Christmas cards....

I know when i saw this challenge initially I admit that I groaned...Not that I dont like making Christmas cards its just that it reminded me that before I know it Christmas will be approaching and that the mad panic will start to set in. I think it is for that reason that this challenge has almost inspired me to get started on my Christmas cards so I don't come to that realisation in October that bugger I only have about 4 weeks to get my cards made. Having said that though as much as I tried to stick with traditional colours for my card I could not embrace those colours (probably as I was not in the Christmas spirit) so I have a mixture of traditional and non traditional colours on my card.

A few weeks ago I had my first attempt at colouring on Kraft and although I liked it I was not in love with it. It seems though that everyone is trying it at the moment as such I have picked up lots of tips by reading every ones blogs. Fellow teamie Kylie posted a card a few days ago where she had coloured on kraft but had used mainly copics. Her card was so beautiful that it inspired me to give it a go again using my copics and just a few prismi's for my highlights. I am pretty happy with how it came out and think that I will be having a play with this technique again soon.


So there you have it my first Christmas card for 2011....One down about a trillion (at least it feels that way) to go!

So I hope you can dig deep and find some Chrissie spirit and join us this week. There is plenty of inspiration on the MDUC blog for you to get you started. I look forward to seeing what you all come up with.

Thanks for stopping by, until next time

2 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Bron! When I first saw your card I was in love with your colouring. Gorgeous! A really beautiful card :)
    Big hugs
    Kylie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bron!
    Wow! You have made a stunning xmas card! Love the colors - it´s so cool with a black touth on there :) Tilda is looking gorgoues after your magic coloring and I love the ribbon :)

    Great inspiration :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs